A popular term that surrounds cloud computing that I’m certain you’ve heard about is “Cloud architect.” The following article, I’ll describe my understanding of the role of a cloud architect and then I’ll review the skills and qualifications required to be one. I’ll also provide a list different types of jobs you can get should you choose to go to this direction in your career.
What is a Cloud Architect?
Cloud computing architecture is the subcomponents and components required to run cloud computing which can be learned from the Cloud Architect Masters. They typically comprise a front-end platform and back-end platforms, cloud-based delivery, and network. When combined, these components comprise clouds computing. Cloud computing design is built on architectural processes and methodologies which have evolved over the past twenty or some years.
A Cloud architect is responsible for translating the technical specifications of a project into the design and architecture that will determine what will be the product. Most often, Cloud Architects are also accountable for bridging the gap between complicated business challenges and cloud-based solutions. Other members of the technology team, such as DevOps developers as well as developers collaborate together with cloud Architects. Cloud Architect to ensure that the appropriate technology or tools are in place.
What are the basic skills required?
If you’re thinking about being the Cloud Architect, you will probably already have a solid knowledge of cloud computing or another similar area of technology. If you’re at ease with the following concepts , or at least some that you’re on the right path. If not, I’d suggest doing some preliminary research or study in these areas prior to attempting to take on your Cloud Architect role.
- Knowledge of at minimum an operating system, such as Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows. My preferred choice to use an all Linux operating system (e.g., Ubuntu or Red Hat), but previous experiences as an administrator, or an architect in any of the most well-known operating systems can be helpful.
- A good knowledge of networks:TCP/IP, IP addresses http, DNS. I would recommend that you have an understanding of these concepts prior to pursuing an opportunity as a cloud architect.
- Languages for computer programming: You will need at the very least a basic knowledge of a scripting or programming language. It’s probably not necessary but it could assist.
- SecuritySecurity for cloud computing is crucial, and as such having a thorough knowledge of the most important security concepts is essential for the Cloud Architect. Therefore, a basic understanding of a few basic security concepts, like firewalls, is essential.
The list above is not comprehensive. The main point is that you’ll require a solid technical background if considering the profession of Cloud Architect. Cloud Roster provides an up-to-date list of the latest technologies, explains what is a Cloud Architect does, provides essential traits and daily expectations and details the desired qualifications. The list is updated every month so be sure to make sure to check it out prior to the time you begin your certification track.
Microsoft Azure is an emerging market leader, and the certification requires knowledge of compute storage, network as well as security to develop solutions that work with Azure. To be able to obtain the Azure Solutions Architect certification you will need to take two tests: AZ-300 and the AZ-301 exam. There is no requirement to pass any Associate level exams prior to taking these exams. The exam is called the AZ-300. The exam is focused on Azure technologies, while the AZ-301 exam is focused on design.
Find out more about the subjects the exam covers, such as:
- In the process of designing, creating, and moving, deploying to, configuring, and integrating an Azure infrastructure
- The determination of the required workload
- Securely running workloads on Azure
- Implementing Azure authentication and securing data
- The development of a business continuity plan
Google Cloud Platform
A professional Cloud Architect enables organizations to benefit from Google Cloud technologies. With a solid knowledge of cloud architecture and Google Cloud Platform, this person can create, design and manage strong safe, scalable, accessible, and flexible solutions that help achieve business goals.