Your dentist may often recommend you tooth restoration in case your teeth are crooked, discolored, damaged, worn out, or unhealthy. There can be many types of tooth restoration available for you to consider.
If you visit Alpine Dental Center then the dentists may suggest you to go for tooth restoration so that you can restore your teeth to perform its natural function and also prevent any additional damage from decay.
Different types of tooth restorations
There are several options available for your tooth restoration. Among them, filling is one of the most typical kind of tooth restoration. Since fillings can restore the form and functionality of your teeth, they are regarded as restoration.
For correcting the flaws or tooth decay, fillings are usually positioned inside or on top of your teeth. For completing a filling, a single visit to your dentist will be enough. Fillings are usually made of different types of materials, including the following:
- Composite – Composite fillings are usually tooth-colored and made of any of the following:
- Minuscule quartz
- Glass particles.
So, they can be very easily blend. Composite fillings, which are glued to your tooth, are a type of repair that can be highly long-lasting. They can be applied to surfaces that bite.
- Ionomers – These kinds of fillings are created from resin or glass. They are often utilized for minor cavities on non-chewing surfaces despite their lack of strength.
A few other varieties of restorations are as follows:
- Crowns – For larger cavities, crowns are used as caps in the shape of teeth. Dental cement keeps them in right place and covers the entire tooth.
- Bridges – A bridge can in fact fill in the space left by one or more lost teeth by employing certain artificial teeth. There are crowns on each side of them.
- Inlays – When your filling is insufficient and a crown would be excessive, inlays will be utilized to fill voids.
- Onlays – Similar to crowns, onlays can function. They do not completely enclose the tooth, but are meant for larger cavities.
- Bonding – Fillings are difficult to use for repairing your chipped teeth. Dentists will use bonding as a result. Composite resin is used in bonding to restore the beautiful appearance of your teeth. After being applied, the composite resin is dried and polished.
- Implants – When your whole tooth that may have fallen out or shattered due to illness or trauma, then it is replaced by a dental implant. Dental implants mimic genuine teeth in appearance and feel. They consist of a root and an implant post.
- Veneers – You can have the smile of any movie star by getting veneers. They are thin covers that attach to teeth and are used to conceal the following:
- Cracked teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth.
Although largely cosmetic in nature, veneers can also be beneficial for healing.
All such restorations are usually made by using certain porcelain, ceramic, gold, composite resin, and base metal alloys. Before going for your teeth restoration, you must consult with your dentist.